Kaedyn's Swimming Update!
Well... that was a day! We kind of won? I'm calling it a win.
After months of emails and possibly 47 mental breakdowns later and 86 bitch fits we have a result.
They're hiring a shower trolley for the duration of Kaedyn's swimming lessons. 🥳
Which is... exactly what I've been suggesting for months!👀
It was kind of a bizarre meeting. The amount of backpedalling was interesting, I was so focused on making sure I asked the right questions I didn't get a chance to be angry, I was just excited that I wouldn't have the break bad news to Kaedyn.
Everyone was lovely, don't get me wrong, but there were definitely a few moments where I was thinking...'Interesting, because that's not what I've been hearing since February.🤨' and I know I'm not imagining that because there were like 10 of us in the email thread!
BUT Kaedyn gets to swim with his friends, he has equal opportunity now and that's all I've cared about for the last 5months.
The permanent solution is apparently now on the agenda after his lessons finish, so the saga continues. I have absolutely no intention of letting that quietly disappear into the abyss, I will be staying on this and being a pain in the ass emailing weekly to make sure it gets done, because that's apparently the only way to do it... Had I not been relentless, this would have gone amiss
For now though I might actually have a night where I don't spend three hours researching shower trolleys, local disability legislations and hunting down the next MP I can drag into this with me.
What am I supposed to do with all this free time? Write a book? 🤷🏼♀️🤣
P.S. Huge shout out to Leanne and everyone at Little Bodies for having my back and validating me when I thought I was going a little insane.
Walking into meetings like that with people who genuinely care makes a world of difference. You guys are legends❤️
Comments
Post a Comment